Selamat Hari Raya Aidiladha
I'm trying a new recipe today,
Steamed Chicken Wonton.
(please take note below are just my estimation as usually I don't measure them when cooking ~ selalu main campak saja okay).
1. 500g Chicken minced meat
2. 4-5 stalks of scallions (chopped- white part only)
3. 3 large pieces of black fungus - thinly shredded
4. 3 inches of carrot - finely shredded
5. 1-2 cloves of garlic - finely chopped
6. 1 teaspoon of cornstarch
7. 1 egg white
8. 3 tablespoon of light soysauce
9. Salt to taste
Mix everything together. Put some fillings at the center of the wonton skin and and wrap. Just use water as glue. Put in steamer for 15 minutes.
1. 1-2 cloves of garlic - crushed
2. 1 inch of ginger - crushed
3. A little bit of oil
4. 500ml of chicken stock (if you want more soup you can add more, then adjust the seasonings)
5. A few dash of dark and light soysauce
5. A few drop of sesame oil just for the aroma
6. Cornstarch (to thicken the soup a bit)
7. Scallions (for garnish)
8. Salt to taste
Saute garlic and ginger in small amount of oil (i like them a bit caramelized). Add chicken stock, dark and light soysauce and salt. Bring to simmer. Add in cornstarch (diluted in water) and add few drops of sesame oil. You may drop the wonton into the soup just before transferring it into serving bowl. Garnish with scallions.
Look! The wonton is happy! No wonder they taste so delicious!
:) <---making wonton face.